2017 PADDEE TECHNOLOGY SCHOLARSHIP
The Paddee Technology Scholarship was created to assist financially disadvantaged students who want to pursue an education in computer technology, including but not limited to:
- Information Technology Management
- Software Engineering
- Web Development
- Computer Programming
- System Administration.
We want to help ease the financial burden of college for technology nerds like ourselves. All fields of computer sciences are welcome to apply.
Award Amount & Deadlines
- The Paddee Technology Scholarship will award 1 student $1000 for the 2018-2019 school year.
- All applications must be submitted by May 30, 2018
- Must be a sophomore or higher in a 4 year institution
- Must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA out of 4.0 GPA
- Must submit a 1 page essay with the writing prompt below
- Must demonstrate financial via a written statement
- Must complete an online application (see below)
Technology is set to replace millions of middle-class jobs within the next 20 years with robots & artificial intelligence. A report by McKinsey states that half of the worlds jobs could be automated by 2055. You are going into your 2nd year of college, how do you prevent yourself from being automated within the next 15 years?
How to Apply
Paddee is a marketplace and online editor for photo booth templates created by Seye Omisore of PICPIX INC. PICPIX INC a Rhode Island based business that that creates photo booth related software. Our software is used by photo booth companies, event photographers and marketing advertising agencies all around the world. Other products of PICPIX INC are PicPic Social & Pixity Booth.
Paddee is built to help anyone in the photo booth industry who is not a graphics designer. Paddee allows our users to edit photo booth graphics from their browser without the use of photoshop or other expensive software.
For the nerds, Paddee is built using REACT and Ruby on Rails. We currently run on a Heroku powered server.